What's included in my services?
- An informational meeting to see if we're a good match for each other. You'll have questions and so will I. There is no obligation when we meet and talk. I often consider Panera my satellite office!
- Two prenatal visits in your home in late pregnancy. We'll meet a minimum of two times. Once to talk about your hopes for this birth and develop a flexible plan. Another time to try various coping measures and discover what works well for you.
- Freedom to text or email Susan with questions. I am your doula from the time you hire me. I welcome updates through pregnancy and am available if you just have a question. I can recommend books, websites, and videos that might be useful.
- Accompany you to one late pregnancy midwife/OB appointment (optional). I am happy to be an extra set of ears at a prenatal appointment. If your healthcare provider and I have never met, this is a good opportunity to do so before labor.
- Join you in labor when you need me (in home and at hospital). Most moms and healthcare providers like the idea of labor becoming well-established at home before heading in to their place of birth. We'll stay in touch by phone from the very beginning and I'll come to you when you decide you want hands-on support.
- Continuous support through labor and for 1-2 hours after the birth. Many things about labor are unpredictable: how long will it last? How will baby get out? Which doctor or midwife is on call? Your doula support stays constant. I don't place a time limit on my service to you. After birth I'll be there to make sure you settle in with your baby and if appropriate, help get breastfeeding off to a good start. While you and your partner enjoy meeting your baby, I'll also straighten up the room a bit and make sure you have something to eat and drink. I am happy to take a few pictures for you with your camera.
- Phone contact and a home visit in the week following birth. We'll talk by phone or text in the first couple of days and I'll visit you at home in the first week or so. I'll bring you a copy of my notes from the birth and answer questions, offer breastfeeding assistance if needed, and suggest area referrals.
I charge $850 for the services above.
There is a one-time travel fee of $50 for distances greater than 30 miles. Payment is by cash or check. A deposit of $400 is due at the time of contract, and the remaining $450 due by 36 weeks. I will supply a detailed receipt if you are seeking reimbursement from a flexible savings account.
I am on call for you 24/7 from 38 weeks until birth. A back-up doula is always included and we would make every effort to be in attendance at anytime during your pregnancy. To keep myself available when needed, I generally limit my practice to two clients a month. If I am already fully booked when you call, I'll gladly refer you to other qualified doulas.
Still have questions?
I'd love to hear from you! Please contact me about my services or rates.